Open Evidence is a research and consulting firm working on social and behavioural sciences, ICTs and data science to facilitate informed decision-making in a wide variety of areas including technology, economy, society and culture. We are currently looking for a Data Scientist to join our fast-growing team in Barcelona and Milan. Applicants must send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Predictive analytics. Create and fit models for supervised learning (classification and regression)
- Descriptive analytics. Discovering patterns in data via profiling, clustering, association rules, anomaly detection, etc.
- Elaboration of exploratory data analysis, pre-processing (cleaning, imputation, integration and transformation) and statistics with R, Python or similar.
- Data transformation and cleaning
- Knowledge and experience in R and/or Python
- Knowledge of Data Mining fundamentals and techniques
- Knowledge of Linux at user level will be positively valued
- Availability to travel
- BS degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Engineering.
- Any other qualifications or certifications related to data mining will be highly valuable. (Postgraduate, master or similar)
- Proven experience on the labour market.
- Proficiency in English